Vallejo is a city nestled in the San Francisco Bay Area’s North Bay region, occupying a total area of roughly 50 square miles. Part of Solano County, Vallejo is a waterfront city surrounded by various bodies of water – it sits on the southern end of Napa River, the northeastern shore of San Pablo Bay, and the northwestern shores of the Carquinez Strait.
The city of Vallejo is known as the first home of California’s state government, as well as the home of the very first naval shipyard on the west coast. Vallejo is named after General Mariano Guadalupe Vallejo, who was put in charge of overseeing the north bay region in the 1800s. The city’s true founder, however, is John B. Frisbie. After Frisbie was granted power of attorney for the land grant by General Vallejo, he hired E.H. Rowe, who created the city layout and named its streets.
Today, Vallejo is the Bay Area’s tenth most populous city, home to diverse community who enjoys a high quality of life with many superb education, employment, recreation, and entertainment opportunities.
Real estate and property types in Vallejo, CA
Those looking for a home in Vallejo can choose from a wide range of exceptional properties, including golf course estates, elegant turn-of-the-century Victorian homes, luxurious waterfront condos, and single-family homes available for any type of budget.
Most of the homes for sale in Vallejo offer a nice balance between comfort and convenience, without sacrificing value. You’ll find homes equipped with exceptional features including meticulously maintained lawns, chef’s kitchens with top-of-the-line stainless steel appliances, sprawling open floor plans, beautiful hardwood floors, bathrooms with elegant custom tile work, oversized bedrooms, and more.
Schools and top employers in Vallejo, CA
Some of the public schools you’ll find in Vallejo are:
- John Finney High School
- Vallejo High School
- Mare Island Technology Academy High School
- Jesse Bethel High School
- Francisco Solano Middle School Vallejo Charter School
Some of Vallejo’s largest employers are:
- Kaiser Permanente Call Center
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
- Vallejo Unified School District
- Sutter Solano Medical Center
- US Forest Service
- Six Flags Marine World
Activities and destinations in Vallejo, CA
- Vallejo’s top-notch selection of restaurants will surely satisfy any type of craving. The restaurant scene here offers a wide range of different cuisine including seafood, barbecue, continental, Italian, and more. Some places to check out are Vik’s Wheelhouse, Napoli Pizzeria, and Provisions by League of Chefs.
- Vallejo’s Arts District is one of its top destinations, a home to local artists and art lovers alike. The best way to experience Vallejo’s thriving art scene is during Vallejo Art Walk, which happens on the second Friday of each month.
- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom is Vallejo’s very own award-winning theme park, which features some of the most exciting attractions in the Sacramento and San Francisco area. In addition to its collection of thrilling rides, the park is also home to a variety of animal species, including Siberian tigers, African lions, and various marine mammals.
The perfect home is waiting for you in Vallejo, CA! Start your search by getting in touch with the Plata Realty Group, Inc. Call us at 707-628-3685 or send an email to JPlata(at)PlataRealtyGroup(dotted)com.