Vacaville is a city in Solano County, located about 35 miles from Sacramento and around 55 miles from San Francisco. The city is considered part of the San Francisco Bay Area, although some claim it’s also part of Sacramento Valley. Vacaville is Solano County’s third largest city, with an estimated population of over 100,000 residents.
The city of Vacaville has a rich and storied past, with roots tracing back to the early days of adventurers and pioneers. It was first discovered by settlers, who used the land to establish ranches and farms. Over time, the area grew into a major agricultural hub – at one point, Vacaville was considered the fresh fruit capital of California, as it produced a significant volume of fruits and nut products that were distributed throughout the country.
Today, Vacaville is known as one of California’s most vibrant areas, a place that’s perfect for either a vacation or a lifetime. The city has much to offer, including superb restaurants and shopping venues, scenic views of rolling hills, top-performing schools, a central location close to San Francisco and the wine countries of Napa and Sonoma, and so much more.
Real estate and property types in Vacaville, CA
Vacaville features a wide variety of outstanding properties that are sure to please even the most discerning buyers. A large percent of homes in Vacaville consist of single-family residences, although some apartments and condos are available here as well. There are also vacant lots and land available which are perfect for those who’d like to build their own custom home.
Many homes in Vacaville offer the perfect balance between privacy, stunning design, and first-class features. Buyers can choose from a variety of elegant architectural styles such as Contemporary, Tudor, Victorian, Mediterranean, Craftsman, Ranch, and more. You’ll be able to find many homes equipped with outstanding features, including spacious floor plans, large gourmet kitchens, covered patios, oversized family rooms, and breathtaking views of the valley.
Schools and top employers in Vacaville, CA
Private schools in the area include:
- Notre Dame School
- Vacaville Christian Schools
- Bethany Lutheran School
Public and private colleges in and around Vacaville are:
- Solano Community College
- UC Davis
- University of California, Berkeley
- California State University, Sacramento
- California Maritime Academy
- St. Mary’s College, Moraga
Top employers in and around Vacaville include:
- California Medical Facility
- Genentech, Inc.
- M&G Dura Vent, Inc.
- Kaiser Permanente Vacaville
- Gbg Corp.
Activities and destinations in Vacaville, CA
- Downtown Vacaville is home to a terrific selection of shops, restaurants, and entertainment venues. Many of the city’s fun signature events like the Creekwalk Concert Series, Oktoberfest, and the Halloween Stroll take place right here.
- The picturesque Pena Adobe and Lagoon Valley Park is the perfect destination of outdoor lovers. It features more than 470 sprawling acres blessed with panoramic views of rolling hills, a serene Lagoon Lake for fishing, and miles of unspoiled hiking and biking trails.
Ready to start your search for the perfect home in Vacaville, CA? Get in touch with the Plata Realty Group, Inc. by calling 707-628-3685 or sending an email to JPlata(at)PlataRealtyGroup(dotted)com.