Located within the city of Fairfield, CA, Cordelia is a small community along the Cordelia Slough. The second-oldest community in Solano County was founded in 1850 by Captain Robert Henry Waterman, a retired seafarer from Connecticut who dreamed of building a town on the vast tracts of land he had purchased in Suisun Valley.
Named after Captain Waterman’s wife, Cordelia, the area flourished after a railroad depot was built half a mile from it, leading to the establishment of many businesses, including a school, livery stable, harness shops, and so on.
Today, Cordelia continues to be sought-after in Solano County with schools, parks, restaurants, and shopping centers nearby. It’s easy to get to and from this family-friendly neighborhood, thanks to Interstate 80, Interstate 680, and California State Route 12. Napa Valley Wine Country is less than 25 miles away.
Real estate and property types in Cordelia
Residential properties in Cordelia are mostly medium to large single-family homes. They come in an eclectic mix of architectural influences reflecting the eras in which they were built. Expect to see many modern and Contemporary homes, as well as more traditional ones.
Schools in Cordelia
The public schools in Cordelia are under the Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District.
Public schools in and around the area include:
- Cordelia Hills Elementary School
- Nelda Mundy Elementary School
- Oakbrook Academy of the Arts
- Green Valley Middle School
- Angelo Rodriguez High School
Things to do in Cordelia
- Cordelia Community Park boasts playgrounds, skating areas, ball fields, putting greens, barbecue pits and picnic areas, and more. You can bring your furry friends – there are two spacious dog parks for large and small dogs.
- Located along Interstate 80, Scandia Family Center offers fun, games, and excitement for the whole family. This nine-acre entertainment center has a wide variety of gaming facilities and activities such as baseball, golf, laser tag, go-karts, and arcade games. The center is a gamer’s paradise as well, with over 200 video games to choose from. Guests can practice their putting skills at the center’s two award-winning miniature golf courses.
- There are several great hiking and biking spots near Cordelia. Just 10 minutes away are Rockville Hills Regional Park and Lynch Canyon Open Space, which offer scenic trails, hilly grasslands, and a chance to spot various wildlife. Skyline Wilderness Park in Napa, which is less than 20 minutes away from Cordelia, has around 20 miles of hiking trails ideal for hikers of all skill levels.
- You’ll also find plenty of great restaurants and bars just a few minutes from Cordelia. Drop in on the town’s popular eateries, which serve delicious American cuisine and craft beer on tap.
Looking for a home in the wonderful community of Cordelia? Start your search by calling Plata Realty Group, Inc. at (707) 628-3685 or send an email to JPlata(at)PlataRealtyGroup(dotted)com.The team is looking forward to helping you find the home of your dreams in Cordelia.
Plata Realty is well-known and respected throughout the community, having more than a decade of success serving the Bay Area and Solano County.